Recruitment to teach at APU International School - HCMC Campus
Secondary/High school teacher (Social Science/Social studies, ELA)
RECRUITMENT TO TEACH AT APU INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL - HCMC CAMPUS
SECONDARY/HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER (SOCIAL SCIENCE/ SOCIAL STUDIES, ELA)
- Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
- Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies, and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development, and health.
- Working with students one-on-one when they need extra help or attention
- Conferring with teachers, parents, or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events.
- Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
- Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
Hold a degree (in the relevant fields) from or regionally accredited college or university, and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
At least 2-3 years of experience of teaching in your area of expertise.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Fluent-level English speaker. The Vietnam government requires teachers from non-English speaking countries to provide evidence of a C1 level of English proficiency (According to CEFR) before issuing a work permit.
- Strong presentation, communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations, and teamwork
- Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted, and positive outlook
Safeguarding and student welfare
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, identity, qualification verification, and criminal record checks.
When applying, please provide three professional referees, including your most recent line manager, with their position and email contact details.
Please contact us at email@example.com
APU International School – HCMC Campus
286 Lanh Binh Thang St., Ward 11, District 11, HCMC
Tel: 028. 3962 4897 – 3962 4898